Intro to station design projects
Creek offers what we call station projects — where we personally work with you. We can build a Creek-powered website for your station, advise on your online infrastructure (social media, domain name), provide support and one-on-one training, or even set up hardware and software remotely.
Just send us a brief description of your needs, and we'll let you know how we can help. Every project is different — from a few hours of web development, to building the online identity for a new station from the ground up.
Starting a project
- Contact us — let us know that you're interested in working with us.
- We'll direct you to our questionnaire that will gather information for your project.
- Once we have your information and a general inventory of your needs (and wants!) we'll send you an estimate.
- If things sound about right, we'll send you a contract. Check out our example contact.
- Once we get everything settled, we'll start work immediately — designing your website, or doing whatever form of development or consulting work that you need.
What we can do
Station projects may include:
- Expert website design from the developers and designers who built Creek.
- Custom installation work for existing websites or studios, and their hardware and software.
- One-on-one training for station volunteers, via Google Hangouts.
- Advice on station branding and logos.
- Online infrastructure advice: developing a social media strategy, choosing a domain name, installing Internet-based hardware.
Remote hardware configuration
We also often jump in remotely via TeamViewer to help you with:
- Automation software systems.
- Remote broadcasting systems (like for live concerts)
- Studio Transmitter Links (STLs) that involve Ubiquiti long-range antennas and Barix encoding devices.
Station projects are generally based on fixed-priced contracts, normally between $400 and $3000. The amount depends on the amount of work involved, so just contact us to talk about your specific needs.
- BFF.fm: Complete website design and ongoing support work.
- KZFR.org: Complete website design and ongoing support work.
- XRAY.fm: Converting website design to code, various web development, and priority support.
Integration work & existing websites
Already have a great website, or need some hardware brought online though some Creek magic? No problem.
While we prefer to develop entirely Creek-based websites, we also routinely integrate Creek with existing websites based on WordPress, or even websites written on other custom platforms (Ruby on Rails, Django, Joomla, Drupal).
Existing broadcasting and studio systems
We can also integrate Creek with your studio hardware and software:
- Other track-management tools, like Spinitron.
- Automation systems: RadioDJ, MegaSeg, Simian, StationPlaylist.
- Radio Data System (i.e. RDS) integration, typically to send the current song title to car radios.