Adding users by hand
Follow this tutorial to manually add people to Creek, so that they can publish content, or work with their shows.
First, need to add a lot of users? Invite them instead!
Use a special invite link to create lots of users at once, by allowing them to create their own accounts. Read more here.
To add managers, see this tutorial.
- Sign in to the control panel for your station.
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- First, check to make sure that the user does not already have an account. Click the Find box and try typing part of their email address.
- If their account exists: Click on the account and change their role to Host or Manager or another role — depending on what level of access they should have. Their account should now be ready, so let them know.
- If their account does not exist: Go ahead and click the Add User button. Then continue to create their account...
- Enter an email address, username, and password for this account. The other information like first and last name, phone, etc. are optional and they can enter that themselves once they sign in (by editing their own Profile).
- Find the Role selector. Make sure that it's at the right user role (or level) — Manager, Host, Editor, etc.
- If they have any shows, connect them to this person by clicking the show selector box. If their show does not yet exist, create it by following this tutorial.
- Save the user.
- Give the password to the person for which you created this account.